The 925 sterling silver jewelry is one of the best. It comes in various designs meaning that there is always a design for you. If you have sterling jewelry then it is possible for it to last a lifetime if taken good care of. If you are looking for ways to prevent the sterling silver jewelry from tarnishing and want to ensure that it remains in good condition then you need to continue reading.
What is Tarnish?
It is the result of a chemical reaction between sulfur particles in the air and oxygen. However, it is possible to protect your silver jewelry from tarnishing. Follow these tips to ensure that it lasts for a long time.
· Remove it during household chores: It is easy for one to forget taking off their sterling silver jewelry while doing household chores. However, if you want to ensure that the jewelry lasts long then you need to remove it. As rubber, perspiration and water accelerate tarnish.
· Wear it often: Now, make people get this wrong but it is actually good to wear silver jewelry often. It is your skin’s natural oils which help keep it shiny.
· Put On Jewelry Last: Another easy to follow tip to prevent tarnish is by putting jewelry as lotions, hair spray, make up and perfumes only accelerate the process of tarnishing.
· Keep Away from Direct Sunlight: Remove your silver jewelry whenever you go somewhere you get in direct contact with sunlight such as the pool or beach.
Clean Sterling Silver Jewelry the Right Way
· Water and baking soda: This is a great way to clean your sterling silver jewelry. You can also apply some toothpaste to it. Simply mix water with baking soda and apply it onto a cloth. Use a tooth brush to scrub it gently.
· Water and Soap: This is the easiest way to clean it. Soap is gentle and will help clean the jewelry effectively.
· Baking soda and white vinegar: Another great method for cleaning the jewelry is baking soda and white vinegar. 2 tbsp of baking soda and half a cup of white vinegar. Mix it thoroughly and apply it onto the jewelry. Rinse with water and pat it dry.
· Polish: Finally, all one needs to do is polish the jewelry.
Store the Jewelry Properly
· Keep it in a cool and dark place: As a rule of thumb, jewelry needs to be kept in a cool and dark place. It helps keep it in good conditions.
· Make use of an air-tight container: Air-tight containers are your best way of ensuring that the jewelry lasts. Zip-lock bags are ideal. There are various containers for jewelry, make sure to check these out.
· Use anti-tarnish trips: Just throw in anti-tarnish strips so as to prevent the jewelry from tarnishing.
· Store the pieces individually: When you store pieces individually, it prevents the jewelry from tangling or scratching with one another.
Guangzhou Nina Jewelry Factory
Tel: +86-020-3923 2459
Add: A315-316,3rd Floor,Juying Jewelry Building,Daluotang of Panyu District,Guangzhou,China